The island of Elafonisos is an attractive and relatively isolated island situated not far from the mainland in the Pelopponese area, a little southwest of the town of Neapoli and just above the island of Kythira. Formerly (until 1677) the island was connected with the mainland. The area is known as Cape Malea, and it is the second southernmost tip of the Peloponnese. It separates the Aegean Sea in the east and the Ionian Sea in the west. Historically the channel between Kythira and the mainland was a major transit route for shipping, but since the opening of the Corinth Canal the ships do not have to sail along the Pelopponesos anymore to go from one sea to the other.
Simos Beach is located in the south of the island Elafonisos and it's a very beautiful and large sandy beach with beautiful turquoise waters, and it's a good place to snorkel. There are people that think that this is the most beautiful beach in Greece. The beach consists of two parts (two beaches, Frago and Sarakiniko) that come together and behind it are high sand dunes. In August and later in the year the rare and protected white sea lilies bloom here. From Simos Beach there is a view of the island of Kythira.
This day we will visit this breathtaking place, which is more like the places in the Indian Ocean, the uncountable colour of green and light blue grab the mind, and keep it relaxed. We start the morning from the small harbour of Agia Pelagia, and sailing about 40 minutes reaching Simos beach. Here we will have 3 hours to enjoy the beach and the sun, and the view of Kythira as well. We will leave Elafonissos and coming back by our boat directly to Agia Pelagia.
- 11:00 meet at Agia Pelagia's Port to embarg
- 12:00 arrival at Elafonissos in Peloponesse via the old lighthouse and coast to coast (partialy). Free time to swim and relax under the sun
- 16:00 Return pick up
- 17:00 arrival at Agia Pelagia
- End of excursion
- Minimum pax to do the excursion: 11 persons full paying
- Maximum pax for this excursion: 16 persons
- Rate per participant (no matter the age): 50,00 Euros
- 1 bottle of water will be given to the guests on their way to elafonissos and back
- Sunbeds at 20 euros per set (1 umbrella and 2 sunbeds)
- There is a cantine close to the beach to order snacks